Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Long over due 11 month update!

Bradley turned 11 months old on August 14th. He is an official walker could almost be a runner now!! He started officially walking everywhere the week after he turned 10 months. I think he is much happier being able to really keep up with brother now. He is eating most everything we offer him, this past week he has dropped a bottle feeding and is beginning to drink whole milk, he loves Elmo, Mickey Mouse, Little People toys, trains and cars, he waves hi and bye, is starting to say more "words" like dog, ball, mama, dada, and that. He is so loving! He loves to give hugs and pat on you. He is extremely ticklish and loves to giggle. He is down to one nap a day with an occasional power nap in the morning or late afternoon. As I am writing this it is becoming painfully obvious to me that he is moving into toddler hood and is leaving his sweet 1st year behind :(

We are celebrating his first birthday a week early. For his actual first birthday we are taking the boys to Arlington to watch the Braves play the Rangers. Since his nursery theme is dinosaurs I decided to stick with that for his first birthday theme. Carson is pretty pumped about that and loves getting to help pick out the decorations!

Since the last post this family has been pretty busy. I took my trip to Colorado, the following weekend Kyle went out of town for his buddy's bachelor party, the boys finished up their summer MDO program, Carson met the Sooners for Sooner Day, had birthday parties, Bradley's first hair cut, Bradley's 1st year pictures, Kyle and I went out of town for a wedding, and had new carpet installed. All the while the boys and I have spent the entire month together with no MDO so we been having lots of daily adventures inside and outside the house.

Next week Bradley starts back at MDO once a week and Carson starts at Warm World two days a week, which is at the same church he went to MDO but the program for the Fall and Spring is more of a preschool environment. As I was sitting at Parent Orientation for Carson last week listening to the procedures and other preschool information I became a little emotional! I couldn't believe that I was sitting on the other side of this lecture since usually in the Fall I'm letting my students' parents know very similar information and the fact that our oldest child is getting old enough to prepare for real school, brought on more feelings than I expected! Thank goodness we are not quite there because clearly I need more time to accept this and thank God I have been given this opportunity to be at home with the boys! We also met Bradley's teachers the same day and he seemed very comfortable with them and in the new classroom. He visited the room and teachers a couple of times during the summer since he was starting to walk they wanted him to have more space with the "bigger" kids in the bigger room so I think that will help with his transition this time. (Fingers Crossed)

Its been very bitter sweet this August. Usually by this point I would have already been working about a month with my new students and getting back into the school year swing of things. I have always enjoyed setting up my class and meeting all my new school children and it was a weird feeling after 6 years not to be doing that. But I know I am where I should be this year!

Till next time....Boomer Sooner!!
Meet the Sooner Day, Aug 2nd. He got to meet and got the autographs of the Sooners, Coach Stoops, Boomer & Sooner, and he tried to avoid all Cheerleaders ;)

1 comment: